From: Brian Riordan [mailto:riordan.br...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:12 PM
To: tra...@oztotl.com
Cc: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] OT again?

Thanks Travis.  I know it's always a difficult decision how to respond to
something that might have offended you.  Sometimes I feel responsible to defend
my beliefs, and sometimes to just dispell some ignorance or misunderstandings.
Sometimes I interpret a joke incorrectly and feel compelled to provide an
opposing view.  Maybe this is a response based on pride, maybe it's desire to
to feel like I can open some eyes of others, or maybe it's the idea that I
might be found weak in my beliefs if I don't speak up.  No matter what the
case, the reasons or the misunderstandings, it often grows exponentially and
everyone involved either directly or not, end up wanting to either yell or put
earplugs in.  In addition to the nature of the volatile content, without tone
of voice and expression, e-mail communications tend to exacerbate the problem.
While it's sad, I feel that the subject may be best tabooed.

In the end, however, the most important thing to remember is that even though
we may argue, I still love you... almost as much as Jesus...

*cough*      :D

Ok, but to bring it back to the reason this listserve exists:

I've been trying to plan a summer caving trip to a water cave.  The only one
I've been to is Honeycreek (which I LOVED) but Kurt Menking has told me there
most likely won't be any trips there this summer.  Evidently many people
consider it too hot to camp.  Are there any other caves with ample water
passage that I could take a few cavers to?  Or is there anyone on this
listserve with access/authority to a cave like this?

Looking forward to some cool summer caving,

-B

On 7/10/08, tra...@oztotl.com<mailto:tra...@oztotl.com>