Hello all,

For the second time, this individual has listed a 250-pound chunk of speleothem material on Ebay for sale. He claims it's from a "privately-owned section of Carlsbad Caverns." I doubt it's actually from the caverns, more likely it's a piece from Cottonwood or someplace similar. I have notified the NPS, but they are so slow to react, I hoped that some pressure might be put on this person by the caving community to get this item removed from Ebay. Perhaps informing him that the FCRPA makes it a crime to sell what he claims to be selling would do the trick.

Thank you for your help.

Lois Manno

eBay sent this message to Lois Manno (speleoartist).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
Good news. You've got another chance to win item Massive Carlsbad Caverns Calcite Stalactite 125lbs
Hi Lois,
Your watched item has been relisted. Don't let it slip away this time.
Massive Carlsbad Caverns Calcite Stalactite 125lbs
Current price:
$399.99
End time:
Jun-08-08 19:51:16 PDT