> Cave Without a Name has concerts pretty regularly. They should be listed
on our website. This is the first time one has ended up as a topic of
conversation on Texascavers. This is also the first time we have had a
women only event. I think it's funny how people (myself included) react
to such events. As far as religion and the new age thing goes all I will
say is what I say to my boss all the time. CWAN is an unusual place so
it attracts unusual people and events. CWAN has great acoustics and so
weird spacey music sounds really good down there. So does Christmas
music. So does jazz.
I'm not so sure how rational cavers are but we have also had lectures on
hydrology and restoration workshops at CWAN. Is that exploitation? Or is
it only exploitation when spirituality gets involved? I remember the late
Jim Zintgraff, former presedent of the rock art foundation doing a slide
show on the walls of the cave and discussing the shamanic art from the
lower Pecos caves. He discussed science, art, drugs and spirituality.

We all project our inner landscape on the natural landscapes we explore.
Some people see only chemicals reacting, some see only the physical
challange of climbing or crawling, some see a sacred space where they can
find spirit. Some see the potential for exploiting these spaces for money.
I think most of us are open minded enough to bounce back and forth between
all these perspectives.

Hey, how about that cool post about the neolithic cave art being related
to acoustics. I wonder what those guys were experiencing. Nobody
complained about bringing that crap to otherwise rational cavers.

Any cavers who want to have an event that is more to there liking call me.

Mike Burrell
Caretaker
Cave Without a Name
830-537-4212
www.cavewithoutaname.com

I've nothing against religion, but I like your quote, "new age