I don't remember when it went to $1.00, but I do remember when I got gas price
shock. It was the year of the White Salmon, WA, convention. I was still living
in Houston where, at the time, Tenneco gas was $0.29/gal. I could fill my Chevy
Suburban for less than $5.00 if I didn't wait until it was totally empty.

A friend of mine who wanted to go to Portland split gas and food costs for the
trip and we camped in the back of the Chevy along the way. By the time we got
to Salt Lake City and on into Oregon and Washington, gas was (if I remember
correctly) more than $0.40/gal. I remember thinking that if ever got that
expensive in Texas, I'd quit driving!!!

Now I wish I could find it that cheap. I think Costco was around $3.67
yesterday around 11 a.m.> Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 07:38:20 -0500> From:
dlocklea...@gmail.com> To: o...@texascavers.com> Subject: [ot_caving] apology>
> 5 days ago I posted something about rising gas prices> predicting that gas
would be $ 3.60 a gallon this week> across Texas.> > I am sorry my prediction
was so off. I considered that> prices would eventually hit $ 3.70 a gallon in 2
or 3 weeks,> but I didn't think it would happen overnite.> > What's up with
that?> > Diesel hit $ 4.46 in my neighborhood this morning.> > I always wanted
a diesel, but I am glad I don't have one> now. What is that expression - Be
careful what> you pray for?> > > Does anybody remember how worried some people
were> when gas broke the dollar barrier? I remember hearing> people say about 7
years ago, that gas would eventually> hit $ 1.50 a gallon and there were
skeptics saying - no,> that it would level off. What is the price going to be>
in another 7 years? Do you think it will be over $ 5> a gallon. Over $ 10 ?? I
am willing to bet that we> will never see gas prices fall below $ 3.50 again.>
> My car gets 32 mpg, and I worry about my gas budget.> I don't know how people
that commute to work in an> SUV are going to deal with this summer's gas
prices.> > > David> >