The newspapers these days print a lot of sad news.     In my opinion,
they paint a depressing picture of our society.

It is true that prices are going up on the cost of living
( food, gas, utilities, medicine, etc ).    Tragic things are
happening.

But there is plenty of good news out there, if you hunt for it.

For example, hybrid cars are now found on the used market.

Here is just one ad - a new but used hybrid SUV with All Wheel Drive

         http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/mercury-mariner_hybrid-cars253565650

The good news is that the prices for discount clothing
PC's, laptops, and plasma TV's, and Blu-Ray players, and HD video
players ( and anything else made in China ).

I bought a real nice coat the other day ( made in China ) at Kohl's for
just $ 22 plus tax.

But there is a bright future for the average person, in say, 10 years
( 2018 ).

According to various pro-hybrid car web-sites, over 10 percent of the cars sold
will be eco-friendly in some way.      The average car will automatically
parallel park and have LED headlights.

Hopefully  the war on Terror will be over by then, and we will all be
living in a eco-friendly world.       Cuba will be Democratic.
Chavez will be overthrown.     Immigration will be under control.
And we will have little
business in the Middle East.      Medical techniques will be better.

A democrat will still be president.

But probably more likely, most Americans will learn that their retirement plans
were insufficient in order to retire.

David Locklear