Thanks, Jacqui,

We noticed and discussed several things we could be more proactive about as far
as preparation for fire.  Your suggestions are very helpful.

We certainly also will not do burns without lots of prep and the proper
notifications and permissions.

This fire started because a neighbor was having welding done on his fence, and
it started a fire and got out of control before he knew it had happened.  He
did not have a spotter with him, from what I was told.

We look forward to hearing from you about today, and thanks again for your
comments and help.

Linda

"J. LaRue Thomas" <jlrbi...@sonoratx.net> wrote:       There does need to be a
better way to get help than  email--I was out working in the field and I could
have been down there with my  firefighting gear. I've worked with both Val
Verde and Edwards County  departments on grassfires as we have mutual aid
agreements with all neighboring  counties.

 I guess they thought it was under control as they  did not call in Sonora. The
'dozer probably is one of the TX Forest Service ones  and those folks are more
than happy to help people to become more fire  resistant. Good you all thought
to ask.

 May I suggest TCMA somebodies talk to  local fire people about what fire
prevention measures they would like to  see us effect at our place. Since
people rarely ask and even more rarely do  what's suggested, we'd make local
fire people really happy.

 This is one of the worst fire seasons in years (our  department was on fire
lines for over 50 hours in five days last week) and no  rain in sight, so let's
get something going soon.

 There is a burn association for Edwards--same one  as ours, I think. It sets
up prescribed burns. I can contact them for TCMA  if no one else has. Please do
not burn anything preemptively without going  through them.

 Anyone know how this one started?  Jacqui