The U.S. military plans to shoot down a satelite next week.

This could have far reaching consequences.

Our neighbors in the nearest solar system, could see this
as hostile action.

They could have their motherhships here in a matter of years, and
wipe us all out.

Even if that scenario is not the number one concern, there are
still others.

For example,

What if the missile misses and accidently hits Tehran?

Here is Cheney, "Ah, shucks, we didn't mean to do that."

Or what if the other countries say, "Ooh neato, I want one of those
anti-satellite missiles."

Or what if I gadget turns out not to be a missile, but the infamous
"Giant Death Ray Gun?"

   http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/imagenes_tesla/tesla_torre.gif

Or what if we accidently hit some other satellite or the ISS?

But more likely, we will spend a half- million dollars and the
missile will be a dud?     Cheney will pocket the proceeds.

Based on the above optimism, I would be surprised if the U.S. Navy
could knock down the satellite without creating some controversy.

David