About 6 years ago, I reported on Cavetex that I had copied
some of my vinyl LP's onto my computer's hard-drive using

a free program I had found on the internet.

            http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

Unfortunately, I never used it much after that.

There are many ways now to get your music off of an old LP
and into your IPOD or other gadget.       Supposedly, the
trick in getting a good sound transfer is to not use a
computer, but to either purchase a $ 500 TEAC CD-LP
recorder, or purchase an "external" sound card and a really
good turntable.

The cheapest route seems to be the download above,
plus a cheap turntable, and a pre-amp going into your
computers sound card.

I still think it could be a lot easier, such as straight from
the LP to your portable gadget.      I believe the old Sony
Walkman Mini-disc recorder had that capability, but I
never confirmed it.

I imagine by now, nearly every song that has ever been
recorded is now available for purchase on-line, but that
wasn't the case 5 years ago.        I would also think that
in a few years, the prices on some of those songs will
be more reasonable.     Who wants to pay 99 cents for
"Disco Duck" or the Jim Nabors smash hit?

David Locklear