From: jerryat...@aol.com [mailto:jerryat...@aol.com]
Sent: Fri 3/14/2008 12:15 AM
To: Texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: [Texascavers] Florida cave diving fatality :

Swiss man dies while cave-diving

By LISE FISHER
Sun staff writer
________________________________

A man visiting the United States from Switzerland died Monday while cave-diving
in Gilchrist County.

The body of Mark Fyvie, 35, was found about 3,800 feet into a cave system at
Ginnie Springs, the Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office reported. Fyvie had been
alone when he started his dive at about noon Monday into the cave system at an
opening called the Devil's Eye.

Another diver began searching for Fyvie after he had failed to return by about
9 p.m., according to the Sheriff's Office. An hour and a half later, Fyvie's
body was discovered.

Fyvie was alone at the park but had made arrangements to go to dinner, said
Investigator Patrick Cordasco.