One of my goals as the Regional Coordinator of the NCRC is to increase
participation between emergency response groups and the caving community. Both
of these groups have tremendous attributes that need to be brought together.
Accident victims can only benefit, if we identify how we can help each other.
There are many emergency response organizations that know very little about the
cave environment. I feel it is important for those agencies to identify the
abilities of cavers and how we can help. At the same time it is important for
cavers to know how we can fit into their emergency operations.

In the spirit of all of this:
The South-Central Region of the NCRC is hosting a two day Orientation to Cave
Rescue (OCR) March 15 & 16 at Colorado Bend State Park.

A flier and registration form can be found at ncrc.info.

Please come out to an NCRC course sometime. They can be informative and a heck
of a lot of fun.

Thanks and Cave Safe,
DJ Walker
South-Central Regional Coordinator