David,
What's the answer to your trivia question?  I can't stand the suspense!

From: David Locklear [mailto:dlocklea...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 11:47 AM
To: Texas Cavers
Subject: [Texascavers] OT - Sir Edmund Hillary

I would like to propose a toast to Sir Edmund Hillary.

My generation grew up thinking he was one of the most well known
mountain climbers, and I am sure there were many people worldwide that
thought highly of him.

He loved the Himalayas, and it cost him the most important things in
life - his family.

Sir Hillary was sort of lucky to be the 1st on Everest.   The
guys that climbed the day before, had to give up just below
the now famous Hillary Step.     It is likely, that had he had
a less experienced Sherpa, that he would not have made it that day, and
somebody else would have made it to the top in the following days.

>From what little I know, Sir Hillary used his fame to better the life of
the Sherpas and the Himalayan children.

Here is to you, Sir Hillary.

David Locklear

P.S.  Did he ever do any caving in New Zealand when he was growing up?

Here is some Hillary trivia?

How long did it take him to get from England to Katmandu?
And what method of transportation did he use?