Charles,
Thanks for the thankless job that you do.
Fritz

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Goldsmith [mailto:wo...@justfamily.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:25 PM
To: Fritz Holt
Cc: Texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] OTtex vs. Cavetex

Constructive criticism is needed, how you present that can go a long
ways towards how it will be received.  I don't know how Texas Cavers
are perceived, I've always lived here and been around us, but I've
never heard bad things from other groups.

Are we a bit on the wild side, well yeah, but most of us are Texans
and that's our nature.  :)

I understand that the list for TAG NET is very structured, and I'm
guessing moderated, but I also understand its very selective about who
gets on it, and that they also have some quality postings there.

I like to think that Texans are a bit more social, we welcome everyone
with open arms.

This whole debacle about postings and off-topic wouldn't be a big
deal, most large list-servers have this issue, I stepped in only
because many said they were leaving, and I want us to grow.  If the OT
list helps this one stay on track and grow, it's doing as I intended.
If not, we'll re-evaluate things and go from there.

Charles

On 1/16/08, Fritz Holt <fh...@townandcountryins.com> wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Your points are well taken. A very few cavers don't care much what
other cavers think of them. I am not one of them. I have said things
that I regret but don't think that I have ever criticized an individual,
group or the job that they are doing.

> Criticism, constructive or otherwise, should be directed to the
individual and not put on the open forum. The world is reading this
stuff and it is damaging to the image of Texas cavers.