Rains of near-epic proportions last year in Texas resulted in maximum water
releases from Canyon Lake Dam for an unusually long period of time. The dam was
built on the Guadalupe River north of San Antonio in the '50s, I think. The
result, as shown in this aerial photo, was the total removal of sediments of
all sizes and the detachment and transport of large and heavy blocks of
limestone. There is a movement afoot to preserve the new and unique feature.
The river has been a favorite of tubers and boaters with minimal experience for
many decades, but now it's a whole new story. I used to raft there back in the
'80s, once in a significant flood in which we went well OVER all bridges. Neat
photo.

     http://www.canyongorge.org/

--Ediger