Here is a trip report by Ramon Godina about a trip we took to El Picorete one
weekend after Peter Sprouse presented a talk to the Monterrey cavers. The
original was in Spanish but since most of you aren't totally fluent in that
language and would miss some of the subtle nuances I have taken the liberty of
having Google do a translation. It is pretty much self-explanatory.

--Ediger

The Picorete
23 of January of 1998

We, after an excellent talk Friday at night on the explorations of Peter
Sprouse, also madrugamos to be to 7:00 a.m of Saturday in post office, �ramos
11 but three Americans of the AMCS and a crude one that I never create knew
since it had arrived there. We left as to 7:30 because the guests remained
slept, formed in caravan we went until the farm where is picorete (the sunk one
for the villagers), there we left golf of the Erick and we distributed in the
vehicles all land, is possible to mention that the vehicle of the Americans
this�. as Luigi said: well naco but to all airborne magnetic detection�

After classic the lost ones of route we could arrive at the mouth, Ruben and
Erick armed the shots, While Peter, Adriana M. and Laura topografiaban the
entrance. We lowered to all the group, which as usual after long vacations was
maked holes, Adriana M. and Alejandra did not remember like lowering, to Aroldo
shook stones to him (stones, nonlegs ok) in that one leaned, etc� But in
general we moved with enough rapidity and good technique, that way platican
that to the Americans them enough taste our technical level and the
organization who saw us. Good Aroldo and Ernesto were thrown that gave extra
trips to the light trucks by equipment which they made lack. While the race
lowered, I dedicate myself to put spit in I replace already of one damaged,
this task I take like 40 min. there was necessity that Ruben raised of new
account to bring other to driver because the one that tapeworm just
nonSerbian� in the end the stone I crack myself when I put the expansor and
neither spit nor exp
ansor, nor hung as 40 min nor the 20 min that the place with my or usual
brightens up run of desamores and dealers served, so by recommendation of Gill,
that shot use to the American, that is to say, they are worth the frictions to
you, just you put good quitafriccion to him.

For when I lower, those of down already had finished topografiar (if my memory
does not deceive to me, the shot has 46,7 mts) was interesting to see as the
cave change from completes time that we entered: the sand of the bottom
disappeared by medium rocks, the hole of the bottom of made greater and some
great stones had backed water. Says to us Peter who that cave is quite new (of
about 1000 years), remember the incline that the last time walked killing the
Paquillo? then Erick the attempt but profit not to enter the crack, but Peter
if I climb and profit to put back by� his I diagnose is that all that incline
is going away to colapsar. Those that they had the attention to be near took
good chair of the geology of the cave

We were inside enough time, some fell asleep, others we ate and platicamos and
other because they investigated, of the Americans, nonlow Gill, said that or it
has many caves to his backs and that or this great for those trotes.

The ascent was slow, Moya suffered in the end with their knapsack who I
obstruct myself in the Edge, Adriana M. could not raise �arm pel�n� the
embedding equipment, Alejandra throne one of their stirrups (the
�plastiquito�), I already realized that with weight, is better to use frog
and not walker, and above, to the Erick him step to take off the division, so
she had to lower again.

Ah� and forgot to say to me, was some who lowered and raised twice just by
pure taste, like Carlos.

We left the cave with good I animate, we threw everything to the light truck of
Aroldo and return to pachanga in house of Ruben!

When we put in the relationship towards Escobedo, we realized that lacked a
vehicle: the one of Aroldo, so Erick and his a little were given back to try to
locate them, telephone calls became and the Aroldo did not appear� Erick gave
back itself until the farm and after another series of calls we knew that
Aroldo had to make a scale technical and then Gill and Erick passed without
realizing it and like nonwise like arriving at house of Ruben. then for them I
am frustrated pachanga and for us the cigarettes were frustrated, changes of
clothes, keys of cars and houses, wallets, etc.

Them story the one of pachanga? briefly: there was beer, tequila, roasted meat,
pie with velitas (rather ping�inos with matches) gives of a basket of candies
to the Americans to come to give the conference, interchange of ideas, much
very pleasant talk, a cold that pierced well to everything to give� ah and
they threw me to frozen waters of the pond of Ruben, I I believe that all there
got even so many jokes that and done to them� now leave having to me!

In short, for many whole I finish like a 12:00 and to the most kept awake like
a 2:00 p.m.

fini.
consumatum est.

We see ourselves in the next one