From: Louise Power [mailto:power_lou...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:00 PM
To: dlocklea...@gmail.com; texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: RE: [Texascavers] OT - tube tv's

The problem, David, is that after the first of the year, all
broadcasters are required to switch to digital signals, so even if you
have a "tube tv," you won't be able to pick up the signals. Ostensibly
this has been done to free up analog bandwidth for the various devices
we use these days--in particular radio bandwidth for emergency
responders.

NB: You will be able to buy a converter for your tube tv that will
convert analog to digital until your tube tv dies. I've heard that
they're going to run between $100 and $200.

Louise  <http://graphics.hotmail.com/i.p.emcoffee.gif>

  _____