Mark,

Thanks for the Majlis-al-jinn cave photo tip for the desktop background.

I loaded it too.    Looks great !

I wish that the "desktop background were not just a static photo, but a
dynamic display that gradually changes.    I don't mean moving like a
screen saver. For example, the ray of the
sun would cycle across the screen ever 24 hours, and various cavers would be
either rappelling and ascending and doing things like photography or tandem
climbing but in super slow motion.            You would have to watch
for several minutes to realize the picture was changing.
Occasionally there would be a bat in the photo or a swallow, or drops
of water, or no caver at all.       I don't think
you could do that with an mpeg, but maybe with some sort of animation program.

Another thing I wish my desktop background would do would be to automatically
change the image on a programmed schedule such as every day or every week,
choosing among a select group of photos.

And another idea, which probably isn't feasible, is to have the photo
interactive
where you could click on items in the photo, such as a stalagmite and they
would represent things in your computer such as files or programs that you
commonly access.     The reason I say this, is that I have this beautiful photo
on the screen and I have all the ugly icons floating on top of it.

Wouldn't it be nice if the desktop icons were small and then when you held the
cursor over them, they would enlarge, and  even better, what if all of
these tiny
icons were all grouped together in a tiny bar at the bottom.    Hey wait, that
sounds like a Mac?

David Locklear
caver in Fort Bend County, Texas