On Wired Science on PBS last night I watched an article on an abundant
meteor field in Kansas.
Fascinating.  Thousands of pounds of metal-rich meteorites spread across the
cornfields.
But I'm quite puzzled by these "recent" (less than 10,000 yrs old) landings
- many attributed by the same initial re-entry object - scattered all about,
all found less than 10 feet from the surface - and no impact craters.
Would a "tiny" 100 to 1000 lb meteorite loose all it's inertia in the
atmosphere?

I'm seeking input from individuals who might have knowledge about this, and
"geologically learned" folks who can shed light on how a 1400 lb piece of
metal can come from space and hide under flat land without a trace.  Was
there some glacier or flood event that bulldozed flat all this land?

-WaV