Louise Power said:

>"Why would you want to? Isn't the whole point of going to those places to get away from the 'influences' of civilization?"

      Hallelujah to that!  One of my pet peeves is people who feel the need to broadcast their radio/CDs/TV to an entire campground.  I've seen people hiking down trails with iPods running.  Maybe they don't know what they're missing out on by not listeneing to the sounds of nature around them.  The only time I've enjoyed music underground was on a dig project where someone brought an iPod and speakers, and we had music in the background while hauling buckets of dirt.  But even that was marginal in my opinion, and left up to me, would not have happened.  I really don't like hearing the same iPod and speakers playing while going down a passage, which I have also seen.  My two cents.

Mark Minton
--------------------------------------------------------------------- Visit our website: http://texascavers.com To unsubscribe, e-mail: texascavers-unsubscr...@texascavers.com For additional commands, e-mail: texascavers-h...@texascavers.com