I've canoed the Buffalo Bayou route that Sleaze describes many times, and I can
report on another abundant predator in and about the Bayou.  I'm a Floridian by
birth, and there's not a place in the lower 48 (even Texas) that is better turf
for a diversity of snakes than the Sunshine State.  But despite countless days
in the swamps there, I've never seen a higher concentration of moccasins than I
did on one trip down the Bayou through Tanglewood and River Oaks (two of the
most exclusive sections of Houston).  They were festooning every log and limb.

And Sleaze, you should back off on Houston.  (Yes, I know the rest of the list
other than us GHG folks probably feel the same way.)  But Houston has come a
long way toward remedying its some of worst sins in the last 15 years, and its
cultural advantages are hard to beat.

But nothing will ever change the fact that we gotta drive a long way to cave
country.

Roger Moore
Houston

In a message dated 11/15/07 07:31:56 Central Standard Time,