From: Jimmy Walker [mailto:jim...@gvtc.com]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 3:41 PM
To: Fritz Holt
Subject: Rio Grande

Hello Fritz,

The information you sent concerning your experiences along the Rio
Grande was well-received. The learned description of the geological
origin of the area was beautiful. Somehow, my admiration of the history
is clouded more than a little because of the vast time periods involved.

It's hard enough for me to understand recorded history going back a few
hundred years. But, when the subject involves eons of geological time,
this is beyond what I can absorb. I followed the expectation roughly and
found it fascinating. Yet, I would be hard pressed to explain it to
someone. In summary, I can accept that The Rio Grande is not all we
imagine it to be. The storied river has its origin from surprising
sources. But it remains the river we have always known as The Rio Grande
and I doubt if that will change.

As a writer, my job was frequently described as making the complex seem
simple. In this case, it would be a real challenge to reduce the
explanation to a paragraph or two. Yet, this is what writers do.

Thanks for letting me see explanation. I loved it.

Jimmy