Good Morning Rick and fellow spelunkers (that's me),

Funny you should ask. From a previous post you may know that I plan to
spend three glorious days with my two daughters at Cold Springs, the
most beautiful spot on the Frio River and is about two miles from the
entrance to Garner State Park. I will arrive there Saturday morning,
August 25th and leave on Monday afternoon the 27th. We plan to visit
Fountain Cave on the Nueces River near Vance preferably before noon on
Sunday or possibly mid afternoon on Saturday, depending on my daughter's
arrival time. You, James and any other cavers, old timers or newbys, are
welcome to join us. I assume that any group will be small but you never
can tell. Realtor Jesse Lockhart, the property owner, lives in Barksdale
so we will probably meet there to sign releases and get his
instructions. The exact time and date will be posted here several days
before the departure date. Anyone who thinks that they will be going is
asked to e-mail me so that I can tell Mr. Lockhart the expected size of
the group. The portion of the cave that we traveled about thirty-five
years ago was a stand up easy walking dry cave with no vertical work
that I saw. We probably  went not more than a thousand feet in the cave.
This should be an easy trip for those of us who don't care much for
crawling and getting muddy. For entry, you wade (hopefully) the Nueces
and immediately climb the somewhat steep hill a hundred or so feet to
the small entrance. I plan to see a little more of the cave than on my
first trip. I would appreciate anyone with knowledge of this cave adding
to my sparse description for all to get a better feel for what may be in
store. Inquiries welcome.

Fritz Holt - 713-818-2496 cell

  _____