I can't remember if I mentioned this, but last week at the convention,
during the photo salon, the promotional video was shown for the ICS-NSS
event.

I really liked the animated bats flying.    The animator did some fine
work on that.
( can I get that on my cell phone screen saver  or on my computer screensaver ?)

Unlike the Indiana promo, there were no girls in wet t-shirts or mentions
of plenty of beer.     Actually, I am a very disappointed on Indiana's
promo, as I did not see one girl in a wet-t-shirt the whole 10 days I was
there.    I saw the fellow who played Indiana Jones, but he was not
wearing his outfit.

Is the NSS going to have a separate promo video?      I would think that
the energy put into that could be used somewhere else, especially
since the ICS video has already been seen by 1000 cavers.

Also, since it was just 13 years ago, that the NSS Guidebook was
done in Texas, how much work is going to be needed to update it for
the 2007 convention?       Has a lot of speleology been done in Texas
in those 13 years?     If so, I am curious as to what the major new
information would entail.     Can the old one just be reprinted with
minor changes?

Will there be any new caving books on Texas or
Mexico available at the event?

Amazon.com has 9 copies of "The Bats of Texas."     I would think this
book should be available at the convention.    I still don't have it,
but that is because I couldn't find a hard-bound copy.

Will there be a 2009-10 calendar of the girls in the nude?

Will there be any trips to Stower's Cave?

Will there be some kind of new TSS publication on the caves or geology
of Kerr County?

I would be willing to take a group on a tour of Ciudad Acuna, however,
that would be a minimum 6 hour trip, and more like 8 or 9, depending how
long we stopped to shop and eat dinner, etc., and how much trouble
we had getting back thru U.S. customs.     This doesn't sound like
a very productive thing to do, considering the limited time people have
at these kind of events.

I have seen little of the Guadalupe River in Kerr County.
I would like to do some swimming, tubing etc. there during the event.

Also, I have never seen Devil's Sinkhole; although, I have had several
opportunities.     I would like to do that and go down into it if
possible.

Has anybody contacted the Briscoe family since Dolph Jr, passed away.
Rumor is that Dolph the 3rd is running the ranch which has 560,000 acres.
I want to visit "Indian Creek Cave" before I kick the bucket.

Their address is possibly:

Briscoe Ranch, Inc.
200 East Nopal St.
Uvalde, TX 78801-5325