To: <texascavers@texascavers.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 2:41 PM
Subject: [Texascavers] a Kerr County lead ??

I got this e-mail today from an caving friend who used to live near
Kerrville back in the 80's:

There is a small cave right along the side of the road just north of
Lost Maples
State Natural Area.

Since the entrance is essentially in a ditch in the
right-of-way, my friends and I never had any problem going into it - the
local landowner never complained.   It had a strong airflow near the
back, which always intrigued me.

I don't know of any cave closer to Kerrville.

... Getting access to any potential caves there is a problem, as ranchers are
cautious about letting people on their property.