I think this is new news.

Microsoft has released a download that they claim improves
Vista:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=938979

This update is called:

Update for Windows Vista (KB938979)

There is something in this download to help people with Canon
digital cameras and RAW files.

You still have to download all the previous updates as it not
a service package.

I am still not using Vista.

Has anybody had any nightmare experiences with Vista yet - computer
crashing, lost data, blue screen, black screen, error messages all over
the screen, etc?

I saw a new laptop today for $ 380 at Best Buy with no strings attached.
I think once the service package comes included on the laptop, and that
price includes 2 gigs of memory, I may reconsider getting a new laptop.

I bet hundreds of cavers in 2009 show up to Kerrville with their Vista
laptops.     There were a lot of cavers with their heads buried in the
laptops at the NSS Convention, but many were just putting the finishing
touches on their talk that they were about to give.

David Locklear