Note: forwarded message attached.
--- Begin Message ---
Richard, I'll write the information below so it can be posted on
TexasCavers.com. Linda, could you post it for me? The listserver won't accept
messages from my PDA.

An earlier posting said a house was for sale in San Antonio and has a cave in
the front yard. The cave is called Cueva Cave because it is at the intersection
of Cueva and Alcalde Moreno. A description and map have been published in "The
Caves of Bexar County, second edition."

The cave is a 4-5 m climbdown into a room roughly 8 m in diameter. A lot of
rocks and dirt were dumped there when the neighborhood was built about 40 years
ago. The owners were told the usual story that the cave was known to extend for
miles, so they dug out much of the fill to expose the known section. More fill
could be removed and potentially locally significant passages and pits might be
found -- although the geology won't support "miles" of passage (I would love to
be proved wrong!).

The house is nice and in a nice area. The currently known part of the cave
isn't particularly notable, and the price of the house may put the cave outside
the price range of the cave conservation organizations given its current
limited merits. I'm no longer located in San Antonio, but I would encourage
area cavers to contact the realtor and at least offer to give the new owner (if
a caver doesn't buy it) some advice and insights. Maybe a good relationship can
be developed to start a digging project?!

George

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T