From: cavera...@aol.com
> Conversion of a suburb into a wetland was ecologically important, as well  as
> a good use of land now in the public domain..... There have been quite a  few
> successful
> wetland restoration projects such as in the former marshes around  San
> Jacinto Park and Goat Island, but more are needed.

I wouldn't want to get too involved in spending money to develop these wetlands
until after the ice caps stop melting. Consider that sea level will be a few
feet up on the San Jacinto monument before too many more years. There'll be
plenty of new wetlands free for the picking as that process comes on line. The
present subsidence will hardly be worth mentioning.

--Ediger