I've no experience evaluating photos like this, but it just looks odd to me.

I think what bothers me is that shadow is so straight.  Wouldn't you
expect it to be more curved?

Also, when you look at the wall, I see something that looks like a barren
rocky surface with a small impact crater.

The pictures just look faked to me.  After seeing these pictures of Martian
"water" (
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn12026-mars-rover-finds-puddles-on-the-planets-surface.html)
and comparing them to the center part of the Burns Cliff Panorama (
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/skyimage_1962_13285574) taken by
the rover Oppertunity, I think some people are using too much imagination
and image processing for their own good.

George