Cavers,

The TSS office is having a major fall cleaning and work session this
Sunday, 30 September, at 10:00 am.  That's right, Sunday.  We have
scheduled it on a weekend to hopefully accommodate more cavers from
outside of Austin.  If your grotto would like to make a weekend field
trip and help out, we can probably hook you up with a caving trip on
Saturday and find you crash space at night.  Heck, people are welcome to
camp in my back yard or living room floor if they want.

We have multiple tasks that we wish to accomplish this Sunday.  We want
to move some furniture and wirebrush and paint a badly flaking brick
wall (previously painted).  We also want to repair a hardwood floor that
badly buckled from the humidity this summer, and have to move some
furniture and rip up some boards to do that.  And finally we need to
give the entire office a good cleaning, carrying out old equipment to
the curb, sweeping floors, knocking down cobwebs, dusting shelves and
cabinets, cleaning the desks and tables, and ridding the rooms of
vermin.  There will also be the opportunity to meet some TSS Directors,
go through the TSS files, and copy maps and descriptions if you want,
but those things will have to be worked around the big jobs, since the
main room will be a little torn up and a beehive of activity.

If you think you can make it, contact Jim Kennedy by Thursday at the
very latest so we can get your name on the PRC security list and so we
have a rough idea of how much help we have.  The TSS will buy lunch for
everyone who shows up for the day.  We plan to work until the afternoon
sometime, depending on how fast this all goes.

We'll have all the paint, cleaning supplies, and tools on hand, so all
you need are clothes you don't mind getting dirty, and a willingness to
help.  We hope to see you then.

Jim Kennedy, TSS Office Manager
jkenn...@batcon.org