  From: Louise Power
  To: mmin...@nmhu.edu ; Texascavers@texascavers.com
  Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 5:05 PM
  Subject: RE: [Texascavers] RE: Above ground cavers

  Gee Mark, maybe we're just disabled cavers who would like to go but can't.
Maybe we should just shoot ourselves since, apparently, if you can't go caving,
life just isn't worth living.

  Louise

    Bill Steele said:

    >It seems to me if you haven't been in a cave in the past year, and you're
reading this, then you are an above-ground caver.  Sometimes I call them
surface-cavers.

          Those are more popularly known as armchair cavers.  :-)

    >Then there are those surface-cavers who haven't been in a cave in more
than 20 years.  They could be called the surface-cavers emeritus.

          In other words, non-cavers or ex-cavers.  Sad.

    Mark Minton