From: gi...@att.net [mailto:gi...@att.net]
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2007 8:38 PM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: [Texascavers] mini reunions at TCR ?

We have for 3 years now at TCR been having a mini-reunion of the cavers
from the old Texas A&I (Kingsville) Grotto which was active in the late
'60s and pretty much throughout the '70s. It is a great time for those
who manage to attend and keep their clothes on.

I can say quite factually that one of the founding purposes of TCR was
to get old cavers together with other old cavers--from their own clubs
and grottos and from the old Texas Region and TSA, and even the
Transient Texans who have come and gone over the years. Mini-reunions
were part of the mix and are heartily encouraged.

I have recently been in contact with Keith Heuss and Logan McNatt about
organizing a mini-reunion for the old SWT Grotto from San Marcos. And
now the Aggies seem to be getting their ASSes on the caving reunion
wagon. It is a good thing.

One caveat I would mention is that having a mini-reunion tends to cause
one to hang out with that crowd and not have time to circulate amongst
the other attendees of the entire reunion. In that regard, I am still
proposing that at some time in the future the TCR be made full-blown a
3-day event (or even 4) which will provide the additional time to
properly circulate. That may have to wait 'til we have a permanent site,
as lack of showers is already having an effect on the tolerance level of
many otherwise slime resistant cavers.

As a final note, it was mentioned that the Carta Valley S.U.C.K.S. group
might ought to have a mini-reunion. Many of them already attend TCR on a
regular basis--and seem to spend a good bit of time and effort actively
avoiding each other. They already know more about each other than they
really want to share. Outsiders with suggestions for C.V. S.U.C.K.S. may
best be advised to keep them to themselves lest we have a repeat of the
last time the group all got together. Shhhh!

--Ediger