From: Tone G [mailto:tone.ga...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 10:05 AM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: [Texascavers] Changes

As many of you know, I quit my job as a software developer on May 30th,
2007. I won't go into the details of this decision here. A major change
of this type often fuels changes in one's future.

So, after much deliberation, I have decided to begin the next chapter of
my life in Tucson, Arizona. I will leave Austin at the end of July—about
1.5 months from now.

Why Tucson? I have had the opportunity and pleasure to explore the
Mojave desert many times when I lived in Santa Barbara, CA. Even Big
Bend and visits to my friend Mike's property has rekindled this longing.
The barren landscapes, the rugged, albeit sparse flora and fauna, the
fascinating geology . . . in essence, the desert calls to me. I had been
considering Tucson ever since 2003 when I lived in Prescott, AZ, but I
was sidetracked with ventures in Omaha and now Austin. I feel that now
is a prime opportunity for me to renew my interests in the Sonoran
Desert. Also, I am fortunate to have friends in Tucson already.

I haven't totally decided what I will do for employment in Tucson yet.
Perhaps I can find a job leading tours, open my own adventure company,
do something with photography, do something with writing, and/or find
software contracts to sustain me. I am not happy in a 9 to 5 job, but if
need be, I can always brush off my resume.

Texas has been very good to me—I have met a lot of great people, and I
have picked up a lifelong pursuit, caving. For those of you who aren't
cavers, Arizona also has caves, and I plan to continue my caving
exploits there.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12:44 PM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.