I found a Stag Beetle  in Dayton Ohio back in the late '70s. I was the "Key Operator" for the brand new Xerox machine. It did not scan images, but used a flash lamp to take a single image per copy.  The bug was about 1.5 inches long.  I put it on the platen, Put the book cover on (keeps the background white to save ink but leaves a space). I made 50 copies of that bug as it wandered around the platen.

Made for an interesting flip book.  High contrast.

The machine would take 500 sheets of paper. I spend the next 20 minutes putting the bug sheets back in the stack at random intervals.

I figured as Key Operator, someone would say something.

No one ever did.

I think most of them went into multiple copies report to the Air Force.

At least I did not get fired.

I do wonder if anyone ever pondered about the bugs. My guess is that no one ever opened the reports, summarizing  millions of dollars worth of research effort.

I wish I could find a cave tie in for this.  It is possible it was transported back from a recent trip to Mammoth Cave in my gear...

Rob .... From Michigan, currently in Upstate NY.