On one trip in Guatemala, we were staying in a very remote research camp. We were in a cluster of huts with a central courtyard way out in the jungle. I awoke early just as it was starting to get light. I was in my bunk just looking out the window hoping to go back to sleep when a jaguarundi walked past my hut, through the courtyard, and continued on down the trail to spring.

I've seen bobcats around the hill country. I used to have property out east of Austin near La Grange. It was common to find mountain lion tracks around the creek and pond. Big cats are around but they are often hard to see.

Allan