Quick distinction and then I'll get back to being productive at work:

There is a difference between evolution as a "viable mechanism" for life
that already exists, and evolution as the origin of life.  While this
statement is probably controversial, I don't think evolution in a living
organism violates the laws of thermodynamics or entropy, but as the origin
of life I definitely think it does.

On 7/17/07, George Nincehelser <geo...@nincehelser.com> wrote:

>Now for those who are still scratching your heads about the source of
approximately 99% of the heat on earth -
>if you can't recognize a simple thing like a heat source that provides
99% of the heat on your planet, perhaps you
>might have a little trouble recognizing evolution, which plays just as
large a role in your lives.

OK.   I'm still scratching.  How are you coming up with the 99% figure?

George