May 8
View on HAS website.

Texas Parks

Adequate funding for TPWD directly affects bird habitat, as demonstrated by the
proposed sale of a portion of the Big Bend Ranch in the fall of 2005. We are in
the last mile of a 52 mile ultramarathon to adequately fund our state parks.
The ultramarathon started in 2003. Your help is needed to get to the finish
line! Please contact the Lt. Governor and Senatee Conferees listed in the
message from George Bristol below and voice your support for TPWD funding of
$100 million annually. We have never been this close; your actions will make a
difference.

— Stennie Meadours, President, Houston Audubon Society

Today is the day! Do not delay!

Please call, fax or email the Lt. Governor's office and the Senate Conferees,
asking that they adopt FULL FUNDING OF AT LEAST $100 MILLION PER YEAR FOR STATE
PARKS, as recommended by the Montford Committee and recommended by Speaker Tom
Craddick to the House conferees last week. The conferees are meeting now and
there is only 3 weeks left in the session. It is time to act if we are to have
parks that will be attractive and attracting Texans and tourists.

The Senate Conferees are:
Steve Ogden, Co-Chair     512-463-0105    Fax 512-463-5713
Sen. Judith Zaffirini          512-463-0121    Fax 512-475-3738
Sen. Robert Duncan         512-463-0128    Fax 512-463-2424
Sen. John Whitmire          512-463-0115    Fax 512-475-3737
Sen. Tommy Williams        512-463-0104    Fax 512-463-6373
Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst can be reached at telephone 512-463-0001 or
Fax 512-936-6700.

— George L. Bristol, President, Texas Coalition for Conservation
    8812 Mesa Drive    Austin, TX 78759
    512-349-2449       Fax 512-349-2439

www.houstonaudubon.org | Telephone 713-932-1639 | Contact Us | Privacy Policy

This e-mail was sent by the Houston Audubon Society
440 Wilchester Boulevard Houston, TX 77079
Unsubscribe | Sign Up For Other Newsletters | Comments About This E-Mail
To ensure these e-mails get into your inbox, please add n...@houstonaudubon.org
to your address book.
AOL at AOL.com.