From: Kurt L. Menking [mailto:gi...@bcad.org]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 10:04 AM
To: texascavers
Subject: RE: [Texascavers] more on S.A. cave rescue

Darn Kids,

Now the owners will have to fix the gate.  It's been possible to bypass
it for years.

It is very Robber Barron-ish.  It's an Austin Chalk cave with many
interconnecting passages.

I can't even imagine dragging 1500 feet of rope around in that cave.  A
little overkill I think.

If we could ever get permission and finish the survey started many years
ago it could well be

the longest cave in Bexar County.  I sent letters in years past to try
to convince them TCMA

should own or manage the cave, but they never replied.  Now might be a
good time to contact

them again.

Kurt