Again, If you are interested in joining in for reasonably comfortable caving Saturday contact be ASAP and I will let you know what we have planned.

Attachment is Jim Kennedy's last minute reminder from Texascavers list.
--- Begin Message ---
Guanophiles,

Don't forget that the annual Guano Gathering is this Sunday.  We'll be
meeting at Bracken Bat Cave at 10:30 am in order to give out out-of-town
Gatherers a chance to drive in.  There are 2 locked gates on the way in.
I've been talking to Fran and he says that we will unlock the locks and
just have a carabiner to close the chain on the gates.  Please close the
gates behind you as you come in and make sure the chains are fastened
again with the carabiner.  We'll be setting up the bucket brigade and
hauling guano as soon as everybody gets there.  Afterwards we will have
a brief cedar (juniper) cutting session.  Bring loppers or a chain saw
if you have them.  There will also be an opportunity for people to load
and haul cedar (juniper) mulch.  I'll have a multi-tined pitchfork and
flat shovel, but you might want to bring your own mulch-scooping
implement if you prefer.  Don't forget some kind of light lunch and
drinks, and a complete change of clothes, including shoes (and a trash
bag in which to put your stinky, guano-laden clothes).  You'll also
probably want some kind of a headlight and helmet if you plan to go into
the cave with us after the guano-hauling stops, but you'll not need any
other caving gear in this easy 400-foot long cave.  When everything
finally settles down, say about 3 or 4-ish, those of us interested will
troop over to Caparelli's for the traditional Italian post-guano group
meal.  Bring friends that are interested, even if they are not cavers,
but bring children only if they can take their place in the line and
pass buckets of guano up the hill.  Don't bring dogs at all, as they are
not permitted on the Bracken Bat Cave Preserve.

If you need more details let me know and I will forward the email I sent
out about a week or so ago.  Let's hope the weather holds and that 60 or
70 people show up on Sunday.  And remember, bring sturdy containers with
lids for the guano (trash bags usually don't work), and 5-gallon buckets
ONLY for the Bucket Brigade.

-- Crash

--- End Message ---