To Whom it May Concern,
  I am working with Isaac Albarado, Representative Hildebran's Chief of
Staff, to get some information together for a hearing that will be in Austin
on Tuesday to help pass an amendment that will strengthen the Cave
Protection Act. They have requested that we get letters from anyone in the
Caving World and any concerned individuals to write about why this is
important and how they have a personal interest in this amendment being
passed. If you would not mind and have the time, we would like to have a
letter from you to take to the hearing.
  Here is just a short summary of what Brad Wuest wrote in an email to the
Chief of Staff for Representative Hildebran.
    "We feel the amendments to the Cavern Protection act will be very
helpful in further protecting Texas caves.  Cavern systems and the
formations within are irreplaceable natural wonders and resources, such as
the beautiful Caverns of Sonora in your district.  The damage and theft of
the wing of their famous ³Butterfly² formation was a tragedy.  We feel the
amendments will help prevent such a senseless act in the future and if one
does occur the greater level of punishment for a first offense will merit
higher priority from law enforcement officials.  As stated by Comal Co.
District Attorney Dib Waldrip, the amendments will also harmonize the act
and bring it up to date from its original filing in 1979."
  Anything you would like to say or change would be great, we want each
letter to have some sort of personal interest or concern.  If you need
anything else or would like me to draft a compete letter for others to look
at I will do so, feel free to call or email with any questions or concerns.
These letters will be going to Austin Monday night to be presented Tuesday.
Thank you very much for your time and help.

   Ed Mayfield
   Caverns of Sonora
   325-387-5834
cavernsofson...@cavernsofsonora.com