    *From:* David Locklear <mailto:dlocklea...@ev1.net>
    *To:* Cavetex <mailto:Texascavers@texascavers.com>
    *Sent:* Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:20 PM
    *Subject:* [Texascavers] off-topic: consumer tip

    This post of for any cavers planning to buy a new plasma
    TV.    ( If you are going to watch cave-related documentaries,
    you need one, right? )
Before you rush out and join the Jones' in getting a new plasma
    TV, there is something I recommend you look at first.
At the CostCo store, they sell a TV cabinet where a remote
    control raises and lowers the plasma TV into a hideaway compartment.
    When closed it resembles a buffet-style cabinet and you would
    never know a TV was inside.      But press a button on the remote,
and the TV magically rises from the cabinet like something out of a science-fiction movie. It could be called a "Motorized Hideaway TV Cabinet," but I think
    it will get a simpler name like "Plasma Pop-up System," and then
    it will get some fancy acronym, like PPS.     So you can tell
    your neighbors that you just bought a 60" HDTVPPS.
I am willing to bet that a large segment of the TV consumers are
    going to be obsessed with this in the coming years.      I am
    willing to
    go so far as to say, this idea is almost as significant as the arrival
    of the TV remote itself, and maybe even the VCR.      I doubt this
    particular cabinet will be a big seller, but it will lead to similar
    products that are desirable to the TV consumer, such as what you
    see with in-dash car DVD players.      I believe that once people
    see this, they are going to want a plasma TV; when before, it
really wasn't important to them. New TV buyers will someday be faced with a decision between
    several ways of hiding the TV.      Maybe in a few generations,
houses will have the TV hidden into the floor. I would like to make a disclaimer: I do not approve of
    keeping up with Jones', and believe you should continue
    to watch your tube TV, if it suits you.     I would also like
    to add, that general public spends too much time watching
    TV.
David Locklear