The International Congress of Speleology (ICS) happens only once every four
years. It is an incredible opportunity for cavers and cave scientists from
around the world to meet and share what are often fantastic discoveries. In
many ways, the ICS is like an NSS Convention - but on steroids! And the
next one is coming to Kerrville, Texas in July 2009. During tomorrow's UT
Grotto meeting I will give a presentation that describes the ICS, plus the
many things that need to be done to prepare for it. Cavers from around the
country are actively working on it, but Texas cavers will be especially
needed for many on-site tasks that only Texas cavers can do. Come and get
psyched about the ICS and learn how you can help host the most significant
caving event to hit the Western Hemisphere.

This will be an update to the program I gave to Bexar Grotto last month.
While it isn't practical for me to travel to meet every grotto, I will
provide another updated version of the program for the TSA Convention in
the Spring (depending on the convention date, I may be out of town). For
anyone wanting more information about the ICS, visit and bookmark
www.ics2009.us and look for some major updates in the coming months.

George