Folks,

The TCMA is hosting another work weekend at the Deep and Punkin Nature Preserve
over the Labor Day Weekend (Friday, September 3 to Monday, September 5th).
Since this is a three day weekend for most people, this will be a good
opportunity for people who have a long drive to visit the property (This is a
hint directed at the Dallas and Houston cavers).  We have a number of nice
projects that you can participate in or if your grotto would like to adopt a
project, I have a number of activities that can be accomplished over the
weekend (another hint at the Dallas and Houston grottos).  There will also be
an opportunity to visit Deep Cave as well as obtain trip leader training.
However, the bats are back in Punkin Cave so there probably won't be a trip
into Punkin until November - but you are welcome to watch the bat flight.  We
do have a limit on the number that can attend, so sign up early and often.
Also, if you sign up but then can't make it, please let me know so I can give
your slot to someone on the waiting list.

We will have our traditional work weekend dutch oven dessert contest on Sat.
and Sunday night so bring your oven.  We may also have a possible meal plan
available for folks that register early.

The weather in Edwards County has been pretty nice of late.  The days are hot
but the evenings cool down very nicely.  We also have a full 400 gallon water
tank so bring your solar showers.  We have limited space in the cabin but
plenty of camping space.

Potential activities for the weekend.

Improve our boundary fence markers
Improve the road to the property
Finish installing the water system (need some help from a jack leg plumber)
Work on installing a roof over the back porch (check with Rune Barnett)
Lots of electrical work
Clear brush on the property
Anchor front porch to bedrock
Finish the east boundary trail (coordinated by crew 410)
Trip leader training
Replace switch in heating/air conditioning system
Build campsites
Make signs
Remove trash from property
Build kiosk
Build steps to porch
Paint
Hammer stuff
Obtain and install flooring
build shelves
Install floor trim
Drink beer
Eat swill
Burn stuff (if weather permits - Wes, we may need a good pyrotechnician)
Build olympic size swimming pool
Build training tower
Dig hole to china
Build game watering systems (tin roofing and tub)
Plant milkweed for Monarch Butterflies
Remove all bear traps from property boundary
Track down and capture animal that left large footprints on back porch
Caver fellowship
slide shows and caver programs

Looking for donations -
1.     A small electrical pump to pump water into a barrel to be placed on roof
2.     Hot water heater to be placed in the attic
3.    Another 400+ gallon water tank.
4.    Bench seat from a pickup truck for the front porch (to give the cabin
that West Virginia touch)
5.    fire tower or training tower for vertical practice
6.    water well
7.    40 foot sailboat (for property manager)
8.    more land
9.    large sums of cash, securities, or bearer bonds.
10.  Art work

Well behaved dogs and humans are welcome; however, no grumpy people.  Hope you
all can make it.

Geary Schindel
Property Manager
210-479-2151

PS.  I have a spam blocker in place so if you respond to this message, make
sure you put Deep and Punkin in the subject matter so it won't get deleted.  If
you write hi or hot chicks or get your meds here  - I probably won't open it.