From: owner-cave...@cavetex.net [mailto:owner-cave...@cavetex.net] On Behalf
Of tplem...@mail.utexas.edu
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 7:19 PM
To: eda...@realtime.net
Cc: CaveTex
Subject: CaveTex: Arthur Simpson and early 60's.

This brfings up long lost memories of the old UT Chuck Wagon days, cavers,
and
Arthur Simpson in Austin during the early 60's.

On Wednesday nights the cavers would gather in a south room of the UT
student
union and sing folk songs. The hard core pickers were Lanny Wiggins, Pal St.
John, Arthur Simpson, Eugene Blum, Mike Rowe, and John Clay. The rest of us
were sing alongs with occasional appearances by Janice Joplin. On some
nights
we would be run out of the union and continue on to Threadgills out in the
country on North Lamar. It was a hoot.

Any of you cavers remember this?

Terry Plemons

with the following message--unsubscribe cavetex.  For help and
information go to www.cavetex.net.
List administrator:  mailto:jswh...@cavetex.net