yer generous, Sir Bill.....

I gave it 1 bar out 3 on a rappel rack (minirack)!

julia

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Bentley <cave...@cox.net>
To: Cave Tex Remailer <cave...@cavetex.net>
Cc: l...@caver.net; A Texas Caving Remailer for Texas Cavers
p...@caver.net
Sent: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 00:05:45 -0500
Subject: [Texascavers] The Cave Movie Review

We just saw the new movie "The Cave".
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thecave/

     This has got to be the one of the worst movies that pertains to caves I
have ever seen.
I do not recommend it, unless your in the mood to see a movie that is by all
means definitely Hollywood at it's best. No wonder we had trouble getting our
grotto to see it as a group.

What amazes me is how in these movies made about caves is:

The actors did not wear helmets except in a few scenes and then one was wearing
a bike riding helmet... No lights on the helmets that they did have.

They did have arm lights which amazedly enough manages to light up huge rooms
and passages.

Oh and in any cave movie the use of man made lights are not needed as the cave
mysteriously lights itself about half way into the movie...

Amazingly enough people could rappel and climb ropes at lightening speeds, fend
off monsters and jump from wall to wall, without breaking a sweat or even
breathing hard.

There were only about 10 other people in the theater including my wife which
should have been a warning to the greatness of the film.

Half way through I lost my voice from telling my wife all of the technical
mistakes I was seeing...She was asleep anyways...

My advice is stay home and save your money...

I give this move 1 bar out of 5 on a rappel rack...

Bill