I had a very different experience with the Red Cross during the Guadalupe flood. I had close friends , an elderly couple, who lived on the Guadalupe in Seguin. Their home was one of hundreds flooded. The Red Cross quickly provided basic cleanup and survival supplies to those affected. I spent the next month down there helping them recover and make their house habitable again. The R/C provided three meals a day at a neighbor's double garage that had escaped the flood.This continued for the next three weeks for all those who were affected by the flood and those helping out. They fed at least forty people a day during this time. There were no questions asked or funds requested. No other help was offered in this particular neighborhood during that time.

Orion Knox

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sheryl" <srie...@excite.com>
To: <cave...@cavetex.net>
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 6:06 AM
Subject: RE: CaveTex: Hurricane

When the big flood happened on the Guad several years back, the Salvation Army were the first on the scene handing out coffee, sandwiches, and water. It was 3 days before anyone saw the Red Cross.

My father would die before donating to the Red Cross. When he was in Korea, one of the soldiers had an emergency at home. The Red Cross got him home, but then he had to reimburse them for the expenses. :-(

JMHO.

Sheryl