I hate to add to the buzz, but I truly believe this is
a very good site for Katrina Volunteering if you live
in Austin. It has very specific directions for
volunteering in ways that are really needed right here
in Austin. Like how they need packages of unopened
underwear in large sizes, not just random donations of
clothes and shoes - they are overwhelmed with clothes.
There are varied activities that you can do, from
sorting donations, to contributing your computer
skills.

check it out if you're in austin and have some time to
spare

http://austinhelpingneworleans.org/

thanks peeps,
kara