Please allow me the opportunity to make a few minor corrections to
Gill's email.

1.      The cost of the TSA is not $30.00. It is $20.00 for a single
membership and $30.00 for a family membership, and there has not been a
change in dues over the past few years. If you happen to be a student it
is even less.

2.      The TSA is far from a skeletal remnant of a dream. It is a
growing organization with some young, bright, energetic cavers
providing some new and refreshing opinions. They are fun to be with and
I look forward to seeing more of them underground.

3.      Once again, the TSA had an outstanding TSA Spring Convention. I
overheard many folks say it was one of the best they had        attended
in years. Jim Kennedy put on a whale of a program and it will be tough
to top it. Jim had lined up some top-notch      speakers, a good number
of vendors, all at a location that was appreciated by the folks from
west Texas and New Mexico. Cavers       drove for hours to get to the
middle of nowhere! That's two years in a row that the attendance has
been unbelievable and it did    not matter where the event took place.
If      you looked at the faces in the crowd at the auction on Saturday
night one would be      hard pressed to see any disappointed faces.
Everyone had a damn good time that evening. The auctioneer, Bill Steele,
was     instrumental in helping raise a nice sum of money that went to
the benefit of the TCMA.

4.      The TSA website, run by Bill Bentley, is a great resource for
information. Check out the pictures from the just completed Sonora
restoration project, or maybe download a waiver or some other form.

5.      Check out the production on the Activities Newsletter. Jerry
Atkinson has put together a professional Newsletter that is timely.
        Haven't seen it yet, go the website and you can link to it from
there.

6.      The TSA supports projects such as the Caverns of Sonora
restoration, Bustamante restoration, Powell's Cave survey and other
programs. Not sure when they are? That's ok...go to the TSA website for
announcements on upcoming events.

        Oh, I agree that TSA is not perfect, but it is far from a dead
organization. For $20.00 a year you can get involved in an organization
that is entertaining, informative, growing and never dull!

        Michael Cicherski