All,

Some years back when CDs were first coming out, I did a test to compare various
types and I found the gold CDs would last longest when exposed to direct
sunlight on my roof.  They were also exposed to rain and other elements of
weather.  Recently I was having some film developed at Holland photo and I
noticed that they were offering gold CDs which were guaranteed for 300 years
data storage.  If I remenber they were about $36 for a 25 pack.  Not too
expensive for occasional use for archive purposes.  I hope to try some some day.

--Keith