Wow, this comes as a shock. I just met Brian at Christmas, and really enjoyed the week we spent together, driving to and from Laguna de Sanchez in his Jeep, caving, touristing around, and generally having a great time. We found we both had quite a bit in common beyond caving-- our kids had become friends at the previous TCR, we had similar taste in music, and were both Mac computer enthusiasts, (he more-so than me obviously, since he was a developer) and we had plenty to talk about. The thing that impressed me the most about Brian, though, was that he and his wife had adopted two children, and had gone way out of their way to try to bring some good into the lives of these kids, and he struck me as a genuinely devoted and caring father-- which breaks my heart the most about his sudden passing. We kept in touch over chat from time to time, and a few days ago I saw his name on my buddy list, and thought "I should turn him on to some more music," but got distracted. It's hard to fathom that today he's just-- gone. My heart goes out to his kids and wife, and he will be missed.

Chris