----- Original Message -----
From: Timothy Comer
To: webmas...@cavetexas.org
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:28 AM
Subject: TSA Website

Thanks for updating the info for the South Central NCRC contact.  I did notice
that you asked at the bottom of the page requesting any other resources or
contacts for cave rescue in Texas.  I only say this to educate people to how
our state operates.  ALLWAYS call 911 in an emergency, even though you know
they cannot handle the cave rescue.  Then get with the local Sheriff (he/she
has local authority) and give them the contacts like myself who can ASSIST them
in finding the closest resources available.  My info is in the DPS database so
if DPS gets involved I will usually get a call, but that will be hours into the
situation. Just trying to help.  I know DJ Walker wrote a paper I think has
been published that should state pretty much what I have said.  If there is
anything I can do as the Regional Coordinator please just ask.

Thanks...
Timothy Comer
NCRC South Central Regional Coordinator
NSS# 45978