Postojna, Slovenia

Andrej Mihevc turned out to be a great find. After touring the physical set-up
at the Karst Research Institute, we found ourselved hurtling along narrow barly
one-lne forest roads in a tiny truck at break-neck speeds.  The ground a
crazy-quilt of rugged sinkloles with more jagged limestone showing than
leaf-litter and thin soils, all hidded beneath a dense forest canopy.  Saw
firshand the incredible disappearing lake of Cerknica and clifted collapsed
dolines that are the historic model for the big ones in China.

Today we have a rentacar and will visit Slovene cave and drive into the
Croatian karst for the next few days.

Dwight and Mary